Monday, August 29, 2011

Edisto Pictures

I can't believe it's taken me so long to post pictures of our Edisto trip. Bad blogger! Bad!

The trip was, of course, wonderful. We picked the perfect house, just steps away from the ocean. Some might say that renting a house with a pool that's a block away from the ocean is overkill, but I'm SO glad we splurged on it. The pool was one of the best things about the entire trip. After an hour or so of the sand, sun, and humidity on the beach, it felt amazing to dive into our clean and shady pool. Absolute bliss. Plus, it kept Frankie busy pretty much every minute of the day. If we ever decide to go back to Edisto, I would rent the exact same house in a heartbeat.

I didn't take as many pictures as I probably should have. Sorry. But in my defense, it was so darn hot and humid that every time I turned on my camera the lens would instantly fog up, turning most of the snapshots into this:


Kind of like I'm taking pictures from inside the Bermuda Triangle. Or 1973. Or next to an open barbecue pit.

I did manage to get a few good pictures, though. Here are a few of the amazing house we stayed in:














And here are a few of our Beachy Goodtimes:



beach!

ocean!

grandma!

sandwich monster!

waterbug!

mama!

grandad!

shark tooth!

actual live shark!

parents!

running!

climbing!

shelling!

safety vests!

jetties!

deadly crab claws!

sunglasses!

glamour!

sitting!

posing!

gross sea plants that look exactly like Frankie's hair!

palm fronds!


sunsets!

It was probably the most relaxing vacation I've ever taken. We did absolutely nothing other than swim, eat, sleep, and play Yahtzee. Our daily routine went like this:

1) wake up late
2) eat breakfast
3) head to the beach for shelling and/or wave riding
4)  walk home and jump in the pool
5) eat lunch
6) drive to George & Pinks veggie stand to buy boiled peanuts and the pie of the day
7) swim in the pool
8) eat dinner
9) take a quick evening beachwalk
10) put Frankie to bed
11) drink white wine and play Yahtzee
12) sleep
13) repeat...

Doesn't get much better than that. Pretty darn perfect.

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Sounds amazing! And I love all your pictures, even the one from 1973. ;) Ahhh, George and Pink's. Good memories. I hope to convince T to do a beach trip someday. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic vacation!!! I am feeling relaxed just looking at the pictures. How great it must have been!! So happy you had such a wonderful experience!!

Love from Mom in MO

jwjacole said...

It was a great trip and very relaxing. We were all looking forward to doing nothing and that's what we did. Great job planning and thanks for inviting us. We had a super time!