Saturday, August 4, 2012

Flower Power!

Today's the day our friend Ashley marries the adorable Holland-born Bas. It's an exciting day for Frankie, too, because she gets to act out what she has deemed her "life dream": being a flower girl.

I'm a little nervous for the ceremony, because Frankie has somehow gotten it into her head that the flower girl's walk should be unique and creative. Therefore, she's worked out some sort of weird, painfully slow, lurching, avaunt-guard Frankenstein-esque walk the borders on performance art. We've gone round and round about it, in fact. The more I suggest a more "traditional" (Read: more efficient, less Frankenstein) walk, the more she resists and amps up the drama.

Yesterday in the rehearsal, I think we finally came to an understanding when she realized how long the aisle was and how quickly she'd need to get down to the groom's end. She and I struck a compromise: she can do anything she likes with her upper body and hands, as long as she smiles and walks at a reasonable pace.

In case things go south, I have my Flip camera at the ready, poised to save the event for future blackmailing purposes.

Wish us luck!

No comments: