Saturday, December 11, 2010

Goodbye, Ol' Red

When the house stager walked through the house, she made it clear that the major problem with our decor (other than our shocking lack of towel bars) was the red color on the walls in the living room. She seemed pretty convinced that a red wall is the kiss of death when it comes to selling a house. So, away it goes.

It's too bad, really, because I actually liked the way the living room looked before we started up all these changes. Actually, it's like every change the stager asked us to make brings me closer to the point where I don't recognize my own style in the house anymore. The realtor and stager want the house "depersonalized" to the point that it doesn't seem like anyone actually lives here. I guess that's the point, right? Still, it's hard to live in a house when I don't really like how it's decorated. Ah, well. I suppose it's just temporary. I'll deal.

Anyhow, the red wall removal is going down this weekend. Matt's parents came up to help out with the project, and I ended up assigned the cushy job of taking care of Frankie (read: keeping Frankie out of the way) while the painting's underway. I didn't even have to lift a single brush today. Frankie and I watched a movie, went to an indoor playplace, did a little shopping, and basically stayed out of the house for six hours. So... that's pretty great. Tomorrow, I'll get my hands dirty and be Matt's assistant while Frankie hangs out at her grandparents' house, but today all I had to do is sit back and watch the magic unfold. Yay, Coles! Your tireless work ethic and attention to detail is a thing of beauty.

1 comment:

K. C. Wells said...

Once it's on the market, it ceases to be yours. Sad but this is the beginning of so much excitement! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the changes go smoothly and the house sells lickety-split!