Thursday, December 9, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

It's a flurry of activity around here.

We're moving ahead with plans to sell the house, and had a "house stager" come in to give the place a once over. I have to say, I don't think I was prepared for the sheer amount of criticisms she was going to have about the way the house looked.

The quibbles she had with the way furniture was laid out weren't too painful, but when she started in about all of the nit-picky details concerning the upkeep and general cleanliness of the house, it started to sting.

Chipped paint, dirty grout, dusty baseboards... All of her criticisms were warranted, but me feel like I've been forcing my family to live infilth. It's embarassing to be told by a total stranger that the inside of my over isn't clean enough. And, we don't have a towel bar in the master bedroom? WE'RE LIVING LIKE ANIMALS!!!!

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

No towel bar? You heathen! How could you? Our friendship is over. ;)

jwjacole said...

I'm so sorry, but this process is painful no matter who is selling and buying. Try not to take it too much to heart but, I have to admitt that I'm still mortified by having a light switch in backwards on the house we sold 20 years ago.