Sunday, November 28, 2010

Speaking of holidays...

This is me and Frankie, rocking Pilgrim Chic:





Then, my first turkey. (Thanks be to Alton Brown and his magical brine recipe.)


I overcooked the Brussel sprouts (dang!), but they were still pretty darn tasty.


Everybody made one or two dishes for Thanksgiving dinner, and they were all terrific, Among the highlights: we had some fantastic stuffing from Matt, out-of-this-world cream cheese potatoes from Jo, super tasty yams with marshmallows from Grandma Mary, and sticky toffee pudding from Jim.

I'm just about burnt out on leftovers-- I've eaten them every day since Thursday. Great meal, though. A very nice, relaxing turkey day.

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

The turkey looks great!! And may I say that the picture of Frankie is beyond cute. It's one of my favorite pictures of her ever!

jwjacole said...

Love the picture of Frankie but not so much the open dishwasher!! It was a fabulous first turkey. I would definately have this Alton Brown style again.