Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

When I asked Matt what his ideal Father's Day would be like, he answered that he'd like to spend the entire day undisturbed so he could work himself to exhaustion on yard projects.

Ask and ye shall receive.

After a Father's Day breakfast of homemade macadamia nut waffless, Matt jumped right in to project mode. He's been outside about four hours now, working without a break. He's currently working on putting in a patio by the front door. This involves lifting and carrying hundreds of patio stones which were delivered this morning via giant truck/forklift from Lowes. So far, it's looking pretty darn good. I'm impressed with the way he's able to fit the jagged stones together like a giant jigsaw puzzle. It's even more exciting that my only role in the project has been on the design and purchasing ends.

Here are a few in-progress shots:

Step one: beachy sandscape


Step two: Brick Tetris!

As soon as I can get Frankie out the door, she and I are going to go to the nursery to pick out some flowers for the edge of the patio. I have no idea what I'm doing, so wish me luck! (Plants are a mystery to me, as is keeping them alive.)

1 comment:

jwjacole said...

They are still a total mystery to me and I've done three houses. You'll do great.