Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Frankie's Social Calendar

I'm always amazed when I talk to other moms in the neighborhood who have their kids enrolled in after-school activities every day of the week. Piano lessons, ballet, soccer, art, volunteer work...you name it. These kids have a packed social calendar. I'm starting to think that it's time that we did a bit more of that for Frankie, too. So, next week, Frankie's going to be starting two new activities:


Girl Scouts

and...

Karate!

The overall goal is to help Frankie get more socialized and get practice making friends. Also, I really want her to be able to SWEEP THE LEG on command.

6 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Wax on, wax off! Can't wait to hear all about it!

dove said...

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy, sir!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. Did Frankie pick the activities or did you and Matt?


Love from Mom in MO

jwjacole said...

K.C.and Mark, you made me laugh. Thanks for that! This will be great! Maybe I should see if I still have Matt's old karate outfit.

Trevor said...

Hypothesis: The ability to perform the five-point-palm-heart-exploding technique should increase one's Thin-Mint sales.

Anonymous said...

Well said Trevor!!