Friday, October 21, 2011

Zombie Makeup Test

My brother and I have been excitedly getting ready for an annual event in Fort Collins: The ZOMBIE CRAWL.


Over 1,000 people have signed up this year. We all plan to dress up like zombies, head to Old Town, and walk to a bunch of different stores, bars, and restaurants that are giving away zombie-themed food, drinks, and so forth. The event itself should be a lot of fun, but honestly I've been enjoying the preparations so much that even if the Crawl itself is a bust, I'll still be happy.

Dovey and I have been experimenting the last few days, trying to perfect the perfect zombie look. Here are a few techniques we worked on tonight:




Can you believe this is made with Elmers glue and tissue paper?


It reminds me of being a kid again, sequestered in the basement, watching horror movies and trying to re-create the effects with a F/X kit of my own. I used to love movies like Dawn of the Dead, and dreamed of someday working on a movie set myself. I lost that dream over the years. Playing with latex, nose putty, fake blood is something I haven't done since I was a teenager. But, I'm having such a good time with the makeup that Dove and I are even talking about doing it again after Halloween. Just for kicks.

I'll be sure to take a few pictures of the finished costumes before we head out the door for the Zombie Crawl. Should be a ghoulishly good time!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my you really did a good job with the makeup! Have a super good time!

Mom in MO

jwjacole said...

Can't wait for pictures.

K. C. Wells said...

Wish I were there to go with you! Although, frankly, I'd be more up for a glamour crawl.