Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What the...?

I was just getting ready for bed, and a CAT ran right past Roscoe, down the hallway into Matt's office. Since we don't actually own a cat, I screamed like a little girl when it popped out and ran toward me. My first thought was: GIANT MOUSE. My second thought was, crap... that's a cat. Hope Roscoe doesn't eat it.

Instead of running for the cat, I ran for Roscoe and grabbed him so he wouldn't go after the invader. Weirdly, Roscoe seemed totally nonplussed by the whole drama. I think he was sleeping, and didn't actually see the cat. Or, he's just too old to care.

Once I secured Roscoe, I went looking for the cat. So far, no luck. He's either escaped back outside, or is hiding somewhere in the house, pooping in corners and waiting to jump out and scare the living daylights out of me.

I wonder.... Did the people that used to live here leave their cat behind? I hope not.

I'm going to try to go to sleep now, but I half expect to be woken up by a large orange cat leaping onto my chest.

Not ideal sleeping conditions, that's for sure.

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

That is one of the freakiest things EVER!!! If those people left the cat, I hope they get paid back by Karma. How could anyone do that to a pet???

Anonymous said...

How weird! I hope you were able to sleep after that. I think the cat is in the house. Probably the cat that lived there. They can be really hard to find if hiding. The cat probably came in the dog door. The cat probably doesn't like the new home as much and wanted to return to the former digs!

Good Luck with this!!