Saturday, February 19, 2011

Things I'm looking forward to the most about the new house

1) more living space
The new place is three times the size of our current house. It's so exciting to think that I'll soon be living in a house where we won't all be on top of one another all of the time. Also, I'm so excited to live in a house with an upstairs and a downstairs. Stairs...finally! Now, I can buy all the Slinkies I want.

2) a garage
Hurrah! no more street parking! This will be the first time in my entire adult life that I'll be able to park my car in a garage. Next time it snows, I won't have to spend half an hour scraping ice off my windshield in sub-zero temperatures. And I won't have to open my car doors, only to have all the snow from the roof fall into the car and onto the seats, causing me to have to sit in a cold, wet puddle while I drive.

3) tons of closets
We only have ONE closet in our current house. How insane is that??

4) a new neighborhood
Old Town has been great, but I'm getting pretty sick of our neighbors. The neighbor's yard is a trash heap, an abandoned truck has been parked outside our house for *years,* and there are way too many late-night parties at the house next door. I'm so sick of the 2am fireworks displays and all-night PBR bonfire parties. I'm ready for the peace and quiet of Knollwood.

5) privacy
One thing that I really dislike about our current house is that the living room has absolutely no privacy. Anyone walking or driving past can see right into the house, any time of the day. Every time I'm in the front room, I feel totally on display. Plus, our current house has a constant parade of neighborhood kids knocking on our door and peeping in our windows, door-to-door salepeople, petitioners, and passers-by. Knollwood is so much more quiet and isolated. There, I won't have to be worried that the second I leave the bathroom in my robe, the entire neighborhood can see what color underwear I have on.

So, even though this whole moving process is really stressful, we're going to be gaining so much. It's going to be totally worth it.

I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Trevor said...

It's fun for a girl and a boy.

K. C. Wells said...

I'm glad you posted! I was starting to worry that you had gotten trapped underneath some heavy furniture! Or maybe you were lying on the floor under a pile of lists of things to be done saying, "Buh buh buh buh buh" in an endless loop. XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

So glad for the update! I know you will have everything under control and it will all so smoothly. The work is totally worth it!!!!

Love, Mom in MO