Sunday, February 6, 2011

Welcome home, Carlos!

Speaking of incredible luck, I was out antique shopping on Saturday and decided to make a quick stop at the place where Carlos, my official blog mascot (scroll to the top left of the screen) lives. He's always been super expensive, hundreds of dollars more than I would ever spend on a painting, but I like to visit him from time to time and fantasize about taking him home with me.

Yesterday was a super snowy day, and the owner of the shop had a really slow week. When I went over to admire Carlos for the millionth time, he decided to cut me an *amazing* deal on him. It ended up being over 80% off, I just couldn't say no. He had to come home with me.

It was meant to be.

Ah... Carlos. How I love you.

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Yay, Carlos!!!!

Anonymous said...

Carlos is right where he should be!! So happy to hear he finally made it home!!

Love Mom in Mo

dove said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!! How exciting! Did you use your best poker face to negotiate the price?