Thursday, February 24, 2011

Moving Day


Ketchup stain = mitigated

House = boxed

Truck = on it's way

...It's moving day!!

The plan is to load the truck today, and clean up the Meldrum house for the new owner. Then, Friday we'll do our closings and start cleaning Knollwood for the move-in, which will be Saturday.

Roscoe is freaking out. He basically roamed the kitchen all night, farting and pacing.  I don't think he really understands what's going on. Me? I'm doing ok. It feels weird to have my life in boxes, and the next few days will be tough. Still, the move is going to be good. I'm looking forward to getting in the new house. I wish we were getting the keys today!

Saying goodbye to our sweet little Meldrum house is going to be hard. It's really difficult to see the house all torn apart like this... It makes me realize how much hard work we've put in to making this place a home over the years. It's a bit overwhelming to think about doing it all over again. But, it's time to move on.

I'm ready. (I think??)

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Hooray! You have put so much into Meldrum, and you guys have loved living there. Now it's time to make a new home, and you're going to do a great job with Knollwood, too!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Olga Petryszyn said...

Every time I have a closing I just marvel at the excitment of everyone. If it is just a seller there is reserve. If it is a buyer, they are nervous as all get up. (all that signing). If it is a seller and buyer....well, it overwhelms them with glee. JUST TELL ME WHERE TO SIGN. Everyone is smiling ear to ear. This is a great way to sell, buy and move. Is Frankie looking at this as an adventure? Just think, now you have room for all your beautiful things. What time is your closing?

Mimi said...

Happy moving day!
You will be so happy in your new home...enough space for everyone! Does Carlos get his own room?