Thursday, October 21, 2010

Boo!


Frankie dressed up like a skeleton for her school's Halloween dance tonight. (They called the dance a "disco," which I think is adorable.)

When we got home from the party, Frankie wanted to keep wearing her skeleton outfit. When Matt got home, she decided that she wanted to scare him-- You know, like a spooky skeleton would.

Frankie squeezed herself in one of the small cabinets under the sink (a space that, from the outside, I would deem far too small for a human), and hid quietly until Matt came into the kitchen. I was making dinner, and lured Matt into her trap by asking him to grab me some tongs from under the sink.

He opened the cabinet door and started to reach for the nonexistent tongs, but Frankie was all curled up inside, dressed in black and barely visable. Then Frankie ever so slightly moved.

Matt yelled, "JESUS!!!!" and jumped halfway across the kitchen, scrambling away. As Frankie climbed slowly out of the cabinet, and it took Matt's brain a few seconds to process that it was his daughter under there, not some horrific Sink Gnome.

Hilarity. I thought I'd never stop laughing. Oh, how I wish I had it all on tape.

Matt's normally so darn unflappable, impossible to scare. It was awesome. Frankie really got him.


Matt was a really good sport about it, and laughed with us about it afterwards. His heart had to be racing, though. And I wouldn't be surprised if he were in his den at the moment, plotting revenge.

Of course, since I'm totally easy to scare (Matt makes me scream at least once a week just by quietly entering the room behind me on his dainty, silent, lady-feet), I am OFF LIMITS for retribution. I'm too easy a mark.

3 comments:

jwjacole said...

Yeah! Frankie!! This was very funny and made me laugh out loud. Matt is very hard, like his Dad, to surprise and I am very glad to hear how you got him. Great costume.

K. C. Wells said...

That is awesome! Way to go, Frankie!

Radio Girl said...

I laughed long and hard about this. Nicely done, Frankie.