Saturday, October 30, 2010

Future of the blog

When I started up This Transplanted Life, I was thinking that it would be a great way to chronicle our UK adventure and keep in touch with far away friends and family. I’ve really loved writing the blog, and it has given me a really great creative outlet during the roller coaster ride of the last few months.


Now that we’re home and not technically “transplanted” anymore, I’ve been thinking a lot about what to do with the blog. Do I finish it up, or keep going? Day-to-day life here is so much more settled, I don’t think that the posts will be as interesting as they were in the UK. I mean, who wants to hear about my errands to the post office? Hearing about trips to Ireland and Scotland is so much more interesting.

Still, I don’t like the thought of ending the blog. Even here, home, I think it will be good to have a place to keep track of my thoughts. And heck… when isn’t life at least a little “transplanted”? We have lots of big changes coming up, and this will be a good place to talk about them.

So, the blog stays. Hope you’ll stay, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog!! I am so happy to hear that you will continue it.

Mom in Pennsylvania

K. C. Wells said...

I was going to be super-mad if you didn't continue.

jwjacole said...

I love the blog too. I feel like it is a great way to keep up with all three of you even though I'm close.