Sunday, October 3, 2010

Creepsville


Last night, I was up pretty late reading in bed. I'm in the middle of a really great book about a zombie attack at a Star Trek convention (yes, really), and was snuggled down under the covers perfectly happy & content. All the lights were off in the house except my bedside lamp. It was about midnight, when something made me look over towards the bedroom door. While I was watching, the door slowly swung open from its closed position. It didn't open wide enough that I could see into the hallway, but halfway open, wide enough that a person could walk through.

I was a little creeped out, but I assumed that it was just Frankie, up & about and wanting a glass of water of something. I called out to her to come on in, but... nothing. So, I got out of bed to see what she was doing in the hallway and.... nothing.

Frankie wasn't there. Her bedroom door was closed, and she was sound asleep in the her room.

I high-tailed it back to my room, and sat on the bed, heart-pumping. Eventually, I mustered up the courage to walk around through the whole house to make sure that we were indeed alone.

Nothing.

So... What could have caused that door to open like that? The windows weren't open, no breezes. It was so weird, and really freaked me out. I had a terrible night's sleep after the door incident, waking bolt upright at even the slightest noise.

I'm sure it was nothing, but I just can't seem to shake the creepy feeling. Maybe I should instigate a new rule: no more zombie stories before bed.

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Ooooooooh wee oooooooooooh....

That must have been freaky! That happens in our house a lot. Nothing is level in this place, so doors tend to swing open. It wigs me out every time!!

Tif said...

I know it was probably exactly that-- Some sort of weird un-level door thing. But, you know how it is. In the middle of the night, everything is 10,000 times creepier. Especially when you're home alone with your 5yr old.

jwjacole said...

Very creepy!. We know that there is a perfect explanation but when you are all alone in the house it is ten times creepier. I would have gone into Frankie's room and snuggled with her so I wasn't alone. I'm such a weeny.