Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Sunday

Monster eggs.... Rawr!!





 One of the reasons that Matt and I were drawn to our new house was that it was a place where we could really visualize hosting holiday get-togethers, and having people over . Easter Sunday marked the first time Matt and I have ever hosted a big family dinner.

I actually had a great time being the host. We had a big crowd: Jim, Jo, Bob, Mary, Toni, Erin, Mike, and Lisa all came over for the spread, which included all of the traditional favorites like honey-glazed ham, green bean cassserole, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and so forth. I hope that everyone else had as good of a time as I did. It was so lovely to have a home that was big enough to fit everyone. Now, I just have to work on getting enough matching placemats and silverware for everyone.

Still disputed are the results of our annual deviled egg contest. Mike, Jim, Matt, and I all created mini-batches of deviled eggs according to our own secret recipies. Mike actually brought over a whole stash of fancy ingredients: whole nutmeg with a teeny tiny grater, 10-year-old balsamic vinegar, and various weird and delicious spices. I have to confess that his eggs were pretty fab. But so were Matt's and Jim's. I'm hard pressed to choose who won the prize this year. All I know is that I ate so many deviled eggs that I'm pretty much taste averted to them until next Easter. Cool Hand Luke was right. There is *definitely* a limit to the number of eggs a person should eat in one sitting.

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Deviled eggs, or dressed eggs as they're called in the Bluegrass, are delicious! Glad to hear that your first Knollwood was a success!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful party!! The egg contest would be so much fun. The scary eggs were so cute as was the little sweetie that created them!!
No picture of Mommy sweetie but I did like to see her blue fingernail!

Missouri Mom

jwjacole said...

The get together was great! It was so fun to have another place to hold the family dinners. Great job, Matt & Tiff!