Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day, everyone! I've had a fabulous day so far. I was woken up at 6am by my darling daughter bringing me breakfast in bed: a bowl of Cinnimon Toast Crunch, sans milk (her favorite). We cuddled for a while, and then roused ourselves from bed and started the day.

I started things out with a nice call to my mom in Missouri. It was great to talk to her. We had a lovely chat. Then, we all piled in the car and went to a Mother's Day Brunch in Thornton at Aunt Di's house. There was tons of food: breakfast casserole, donuts, cornbread, fruit salad, bread pudding, muffins, and brie-stuffed pastries. Delish! Plus, it was good to see all of the Colorado folks. Jim, Jo, Bob, Mary, Toni, Di, and Bill were all there. We ate brunch at Bill & Di's golf-course home, complete with a chorus of THUMPS from the stray golf balls hitting the side of the house.

It's an absolutely gorgeous day. Sunny and hot. (Almost *too* hot, but not quite.) Frankie got to take a ride in Jim & Jo's convertable, and looked absolutely adorable in the Mother's Day outfit she picked out for herself.






As you can tell, we're all a fan of The Big Blue Sunglasses.

When we got home, we did a few fun house projects (including re-arranging the living room). Now, Matt's making us all my favorite dinner, fajitas.

All in all, it's been a pretty darn great Mother's Day. Thanks, family! I love you guys.

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Happy Mother's Day, my friend! It sounds like you all had a fantastic day! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture of Mother and daughter!! I loved it!!!

Sounds like a perfect day to me!!

Love from Missouri