Sunday, May 8, 2011

House Pictures

A little birdie (ahem...K.C.) recently pointed out to me that I've been extremely lax in posting pictures of our new house. She's so right. I don't have a good excuse for why I haven't put anything up yet. I guess I just keep thinking that I'll wait and put the pictures up when the house is a little more put together. Like, I should wait until we've painted. Or gotten all the new furniture. Or have everything perfectly tidy and arranged.

It's become clear that the day when everything will be perfect is far, far away. We love the new house, but I think we're going to have to live with the place as a work in progress for a pretty long time. But that's ok. The house is great, and everytime I see the view of the mountains from my living room or park my car in an actual grown-up garage, I'm so happy that we moved here. Even with the white walls and mismatched furniture.

So, here are a few snaps I took of our living room today in the beautiful afternoon light. It's a lovely work in progress, no?


living room


new couch!


mountains majesty


dining room with spiffy new overhead light

I'll post more of the rest of the house soon. Promise!

5 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Whaaaa? Who asked for pictures? ;)

I love, love, LOVE what you have done! Your new couch is totally brilliant! It looks great in that room. With the tall ceilings, you need furniture that makes a statement. That couch says, "Come. Lie down. Nap."

No worries about things taking a while to get done. I mean, is a house EVER done? Tastes change, trends change, kids grow up...by the time your house is finished, we'll all be ready for the nursing home.

I cannot WAIT to come out to see you sometime and enjoy the view from your porch!!!

Anonymous said...

The house looks fabulous. I love the new couch and think you have the room set up perfectly.. Can't imagine what you would want to change ?? I think it is wonderful! Can't wait to see it in person.

Love from Mom in Mo

jwjacole said...

Wow! Finally got the couch. It looks great!

dove said...

I'm anxious to see a pic of the cleaners sign.

K. C. Wells said...

OMG! You got the cleaner's sign!!! I can't wait to see it!!!