Monday, May 2, 2011

Slimey's Bad Day

Just had to share the book Frankie wrote this week as an eulogy to her friend, Slimey the Worm. Slimey is a worm that Frankie spotted on the pavement by the school playground on a Monday morning. By Tuesday morning, Slimey had sadly met his demise, morphing into a sad, dried-up husk on the asphalt.

Considering the fact that Frankie knew Slimey for less than 24 hours, she took his death pretty hard. The overblown sadness of the story is pretty much the cutest thing ever. (And, hilariously, this book conveys WAY more emotion than she expressed when Roscoe died.)



Slimey's Bad Day.



Slimey died yesterday. It made me sad.
 He was very great. After school, I made a graveyard for him. (True! She did, complete with tiny wooden grave marker. I also love the picture on the fist page that depicts Slimey as a dried-up black husk.)



I wish that I could make him come back to life
so that me and Penelope and Cadence could watch him squirm around again.
I really liked him. He was the best worm ever. (Note the picture, which is a ribbon that ways "#1 Worm.")


Goodbye, Slimey!



Frankie is officially the Queen of Melodrama.

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

RIP, Slimey. You were a darn good worm.

dove said...

well, that's pretty darn cute.