Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Adventures in dining, revisited

What do moose and lingonberries taste like? Glad you asked!

Hard to describe the taste of moose. We had it served like a steak, and it tasted something like beef and something like venison, but not quite an exact version of either one. Matt described the taste as a "fishy steak," but I don't really agree with that. It was weird, but good. I have to confess, though, that my stomach is a little angry at me today. I have what I would call a "moose hangover." I don't think I'll be in the mood for any sort of culinary adventures tonight. As a matter of fact, fizzy water and saltine crackers sound pretty good right about now.

As for lingonberries, I'd describe them as a cross between cranberries and pomegranate seeds. They're round, tart, bright red, and really tasty. I'd definitely have those again. Moose... Not so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will stay away from Moose! Hope your stomach is better soon! How much longer in Sweden?

Mom in MO

K. C. Wells said...

IKEA serves a delicious meatball with lingonberry sauce. So good! Hope your stomach ended its revolt and you're enjoying your trip. How was Matt's presentation?

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you are feeling better ???

Mom in MO

Tif said...

Feeling much better today. No more moose for me, though!