Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weary traveller

We got to hour hotel in Avignon, France at 10pm.

We set our alarms for 4:45 am so Matt and I could shower and pack.

At 5:45am, we checked out of the hotel.

At 6am, we took a taxi to the train station.

We caught a 6:30 train. Matt got off in Leon, I rode a total of 3 1/2 hours over to Paris. I got off the train at the airport.

Once I made it to the airport, I used their shuttle system to navigate from the airport train station to the airport terminal.

I waited through endless security checks at the Paris airport due to some sort of "security incident" that had me waiting in passport and security lines for nearly two hours.

I flew 8 1/2 hours to Washington.

I cleared customs in Washington, had to re-check my bag and go through security again.

I sat through a two hour layover.

I boarded another plane and flew 3 1/2 hours to Denver.

I landed in Denver, got my bag, and walked to the car in the back of the long-term parking lot.

I drove home for an hour.

I got backed up an extra 30 mins in a construction-related traffic jam on the way home.

I FINALLY made it home at 10pm.

That's over 24 straight hours of travel to get home from Avignon, France. I don't think I need to see another airport again for quite a while. I love to be a tourist, but the process of getting from one place to another is pretty darn exhausting.

Must sleep. Blog later.

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

I'm glad you made it home safely! Enjoy your own bed and your sweet girl. :) XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I got tired just thinking about the travel day! So glad you are safely home.

Love from Mom in MO