Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shadow of the Eiffel Tower

Before we left Paris today, I asked Matt to take me to the Eiffel Tower. I saw it the last time we were there, but only from an open-top bus. I wanted to get a chance to actually walk under the tower and see it up close.

It's really magnificent. It's hard to do justice in words to the sheer magnatude of the Eiffel Tower. There's just something kind of awe-inspiring about it. Even though the long Metro ride and the walk in the hot sun was a little exhausting, it was worth it to be nose-to-nose with such an icon. We took the obligatory tourist shots, of course.





It was a good day, but a long day of city walking. Sunday is a very crowded day in Paris, too. There are several outdoor markets that open up on Sunday, and it seemed as if everyone in the city was out for a walk. Compared to Saturday, there seemed to be twice as many people out on Sunday. So, I enjoyed our last day in Paris, but by the time we hopped the train to Reims I was pretty much beat.

I'm looking forward to getting some sleep, and waking up refreshed and ready to explore the town.

No comments: