Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Europe, here we come!

Our Big Trip is coming up fast... Friday, to be exact. In the course of twelve days, we'll be in FOUR different countries (five, if I cheat and count the US): England, Denmark, Sweden, and France. It'll be a whirlwind of a trip, but I'm really excited. I really have Matt's parents to thank for me being able to take this trip-- Without them (and especially his sainted mother who'll be living at our house during the week and taking care of  Frankie), I would never have been able to go with Matt. I'm so thankful for both of them.

I'm going to miss Frankie like crazy, but I just can't pass up this opportunity. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with Matt and seeing a part of the world that I've never seen before. Plus, I *love* being a tourist. I'm looking forward to the double-decker bus ride in Copenhagen like I'm twelve years old, headed to Six Flags.



Matt, Frankie, and I have done a lot of traveling together, and it's been a lot of fun. Some of my best memories from my entire life are from the time we spent together in England, Ireland, France, and Scotland. Still, it'll be nice for Matt & me to explore a few cities together just as a couple. We'll get to spend less time in playgrounds and seeking out restaurants that serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and more time hanging out in cafes, drinking wine.

Sounds nice, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Enjoy this wonderful opportunity. A special thank you to Matt's mom for making it all possible!

Mom in MO

jwjacole said...

I am so excited to spend some time with Frankie and I am very glad that you two get to travel together for a change. There should be some benefit to having a husband that travels. Hope you both have a great time!

K. C. Wells said...

Can't wait to read all about it! Have fun!! :)