Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A sampling of items on a Swedish breakfast buffet

1) three types of homemade pickles

2) six types of granola

3) jellied eel

4) cookies

5) blue cheese

6) pickled herring

7) lox

8) pate

9) lingonberry jam

10) three types of brie

11) pickled onions

12) softboiled eggs

13) cucumber

14) cold cuts

15) roasted tomatoes

16) three types of yogurt

17) crispy flatbreads

18) caviar

The buffet items were odd, but suprisingly good (at least the ones I tasted). Still, I think tomorrow I might opt for some cereal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The buffet sounds interesting. I am sure Grandpa Thompson would enjoy it!

Love from MO

K. C. Wells said...

Stop talking about the cheese. You're making me cry. ;)

jwjacole said...

I do believe in at least trying the local food even though I'm possibly the pickiest eater on the planet. However, no way I'm eating jellie eel. The pea pod coat seems familiar. 70's maybe?