Monday, August 23, 2010

Antique marathon with Lisa and Mike

I had a really great last day in the US. In the morning, I packed for England and shut everything down at the Fort Collins house. Then, Lisa picked Frankie and me up and drove us down to Jim and Jo's house in Thornton. Mike had the day free, so he met us there too. Jim, Jo, and Erin spent the day with Frankie and gave me the chance to have a day on the town with Lisa and Mike.

Our plan was to head to a giant antique store in Denver called "Brass Armidillo." The place was seriously huge--We got there at about 11:30 am, and ended up staying until 4:30pm. That's five hours of uninterrupted antique shopping. We eventually were able to walk through all of the aisles and booths, and came away feeling like covering all that ground was a pretty major accomplishment. Sort of like the junker version of climbing Everest.

It was lots of fun, and there was a lot of ooohing and aaahing over the great vintage stuff. We also just about laughed ourselves silly.



Tif, Grand Pooh-Bah



Sgt. Chappy



The fabulous Lisa and her gorgeous vintage Bakelite jewelry.



Mike, earning his nickname of the day: "Van Pelt."

I was so happy to be able to spend the day with Lisa and Mike before heading off to the UK. It was a perfect send-off.

3 comments:

jwjacole said...

Looks like you had a great day with friends. Don't get "junking" but I actually have been to the Brass Armadillo.

Lisa said...

It was a *fabulous* day, Tiff. I can't wait for a repeat of the marathon junking when you return to the states for good. In the interim, I hope your trip has been uneventful (always my fondest wish about travel), that you revel in your last expat months, and that you find your way back to CO in a happy and healthy state. As always, I'm looking forward to the next blog installment!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!! Always fun to be with friends!

Mom in PA