Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Days, Travel Days

With Frankie on her summer break, we've been doing quite a few fun mom-and-daughter activities together. We've been on walks, done some cool art projects, visited the aquarium, and hung out at the parks and playgrounds of Maryport. I also have a new favorite rainy day acivity: face painting.



We'll be headed back to Colorado in  a few days where we'll have a whole new set of diversionary activities to sample. I'm thinking, though, that I really need to get a bit better about forcing Frankie to play by herself. I mean, I love playing with her.... Just not all day long.  I think it would be good for her (and me) to have some more independent time during the day. Not sure yet how to pull that one off. I'm going to make a serious effort, though.

Moving on to the travel-related news....

I'm really looking forward to our upcoming Colorado trip, especially since Matt came home tonight with the best travel news ever: He used his airline miles to upgrade us all to Business Class on the overseas flight.

Woohoo!!

This is a first for me-- I've never flown fancy on the long overseas trip. Bigger seats, a wine list... Who knows what other goodies we'll be enjoying? Complimentary foot rubs? Choose-your-own lobster? Free monocles and top hats?

I'm really excited! Yay Matt! Way to come through with the good stuff!





4 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Niiiiice! Way to go, Prez!!!

dove said...

Yay for business class! I'm hoping the the monocles and top hats too!

jwjacole said...

After just getting back from that long overseas trip with the tight seats and the guy in front leaning back so you literally have 4 inches of space to move in, I say way to go Matt!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so cool!! Way to go Matt!!!