Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Buzz

I was driving through town yesterday, tryiing to focus on staying on the RIGHT  side of the road. It's a bit of a brain fry, trying to flip around all of the rules of the road to American-style. I was doing a decent job, when all of the sudden a giant grasshopper leapt from somewhere in the depth of the car smack into my cleavage.

It was startling, to say the least.

I was proud of myself-- I didn't freak out until after I pulled over and jumped out of the car to dislodge the creature from my shirt. Getting smacked with a grasshopper is definitely an unwelcome surprise, especially when driving.

In related insect news...

My car had been sitting in the cul-de-sac so long, that a colony of wasps decided to take up residence in one of the wheel wells. We drove the car through a high-pressure care wash and knocked the nest off, but now there are a ton of angry, confused wasps buzzing around the car 24/7 looking for their house.

I'm pretty sure they're plotting revenge. The sting-y kind.

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Nice! Maybe you should start wearing a beekeeper's uniform around. Just in case.

Anonymous said...

Gale had a truck we hardly ever used and when we did it would never start. We would have to take it to the auto shop to get it going!!! And at the auto shop they would refer to it as the " Bee Mobile" because it was full of wasps nest and bees!! I guess Bees love abandoned vehicles!!

Mom in PA

jwjacole said...

Oh my, I'm sending Jim up to the truck we have stored and check it out for bees. What an unwelcome surprise that would be.