Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kindergarten Already?

I really can't believe it, but Frankie's first day of Kindergarten is tomorrow.

How on Earth did she get so grown-up?

Even though we're only in Fort Collins for another week, our stay out here just happened to overlap with the first three days of Kindergarten at Frankie's school. I talked to Frankie's teacher, and even though Frankie won't technically be starting school out here until late October, we agreed that it would be a good idea for Frankie to come in for the first three days of the semester so she can learn the ropes and meet her teacher and classmates.

We did a little back-to-school shopping today, and Frankie picked out a new dress for her first day. At 8:45 I'll be at her Colorado school, trying not to cry as I say goodbye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First day of School! Wow!! I am sure she is excited. It does seem like a good idea to start with the rest of the class even though she will be gone a couple months. I wonder how the kindergarten in UK will compare to USA?

Grandma Chris

K. C. Wells said...

I hope it's a great first day for Frankie. Did you wear waterproof mascara? ;)

jwjacole said...

I was just thinking about you two. The first day of Kindergarten is really big. Wish I could be there. Can't wait to hear about it. Did she decide to go on the bus? Grandma Jo

jwjacole said...

I just realized that as I was reading the blog a stream of parents and kids on foot and in cars are going down my street heading for the first day of school. It brought tears.