Monday, August 2, 2010

Ennerdale Hike

On Sunday, we took a family hike at Ennerdale lake. It was a little grey and rainy, but also a very cool and pleasant day for a walk. We headed down the trail at the side of the lake, and took in the spectacular scenery.














This might sound a wee bit crazy, but I actually have really grown to love the weather out here. It always feels like a crisp fall day (and fall is my absolute favorite time of year). True it rains a lot, but it’s worth it to be able to have all the lush green trees, flowers, and grasses. And yes, the sky is grey quite a bit. But it seems to make me appreciate the patches of blue sky all the more.


After suffering the punishing misery of the weather in Florida, I really appreciate a place where it’s always pleasant to be outdoors. We don’t need air conditioning, because it never gets that hot. We don’t need screens on the windows, because there aren’t many bugs. Special bonus: No mosquitoes!

I could really get used to living in a place with weather like this.

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

No mosquitos??? That's amazing! The kids and I are so covered in mosquito bites that we resemble lepers.

jwjacole said...

The cool breeze at night and no mosquitos is my favorite. I am up late because I was dreaming that I was being attacked by mosquitos and running to get the spray. No, wait a minute. I'm not sure that was a dream.

Anonymous said...

Your favorite time of year all the time!! Couldn't get better than that!! Sounds dreamy to me!!

Mom in PA