Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beach Picnic

Matt, Frankie, and I took a picnic lunch to the Maryport beach today. We came prepared with a stroller this time, so that Frankie wouldn't get pooped out like she did on our last beach trip.

It was a cold and windy day, but the blue sky was gorgeous. I thought I'd share a few pictures.



These beautiful yellow flowering bushes had popped up everywhere.


Up close, the bushes were still lovely, but they were covered with some very nasty, foreboding thorns. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but the bush is completely made up of thorny spikes. The flowers seem to spring right out of the thorns.


Frankie had a PB & J for lunch, about her 1,000,000th since we got to England.


After lunch, it was time for a little cloud watching.


...And a little running.


Later, we climbed down to the beach and walked to the water.



We skipped stones and strolled around, looking for cool rocks and sea creatures.

It was a great afternoon. I think beach picnics might be my new favorite thing.


1 comment:

jwjacole said...

This must be what they meant in my Mom's 1st grade reader when the poem said, "When the wind blows, and the rain beats, and the prickly pear thorns stick into your eye." Love the beach and Frankie shots.