Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Wee Story

Frankie was at school playing tag with her friend Mark. All of the sudden, Mark stopped and said, “I’ll be right back, Frankie… I’m going to wee.”

Frankie perked up and enthusiastically said, “Really? That sounds great! Can I come too?”

Slightly confused, Mark said, “Uh… Sure. I guess.”

Frankie followed Mark to the bathroom, skipping along with happy excitement. When they got there, she stopped abruptly, turned around and gave the empty bathroom a long, disappointed look. Frankie said… “Hey…Where’s the game?”

Mark: “What are you talking about? What game?”

Frankie, exasperated: “Your Wii, silly!”

Turns out that when Mark said he had to “wee,” Frankie thought he was planning to play “Wii” (The video game.)

And that’s how Frankie learned what kids say instead of “potty” in England.

2 comments:

jwjacole said...

Very funny! This is the kind of story I'm going to really miss. We teach because kids are the funniest things on the planet. It's not the summer vacation!

K. C. Wells said...

I love that her chum was so willing to let her join him! :)