Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekend Adventures

Matt had a busy weekend, with a lot of work projects going on. We did get a chance to squeeze in a trip to Carlisle Castle, though. It was a miserable, rainy day, but the castle was really interesting. It was a Medieval Fortress with all kinds of strange passageways and twisty narrow staircases. Plus, it was right next door to a great little playground. Carlisle is almost an hour away, but I think Frankie would have been happy to make the trip just to go to the playground.

To be fair, I didn't take the first pictures here. (But you probably could have guessed that from the blue sky and the fact that one was apparently taken from a helicopter.) Still, it's a nice overview of the castle.




Here are a few of my own pictures:










...And the playground:




Despite the fact that it was about 50 degrees out and drizzling, there was a group of teenage girls acually "sunbathing" in the park wih their swimsuits on. There was a little water fountian that kids could run through, which was (despite the cold) turned on for the day. The girls kept running through the fountain, and then plopping down on the grass in their bikinis, soaking wet. It made my teeth chatter just looking at them. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to be known as the kind of person that takes pictures of strange, partially-clothed teenage girls in the park, if you catch my drift.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't get over how lush and green everything looks! And I love those pics of Frankie on the cannon! What a firecracker! I think she's grown just since the last set of pics!

jwjacole said...

You are seeing some amazing places. Has Frankie said, "Playgrounds, playgrounds, playgrounds!"yet?