Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Home from London

London was amazing. It was so good to see Lisa, and I had a blast exploring the city with her. Lisa was a perfect travel companion… She was up for anything, and weathered the jet lag like a champ.



There’s something about London that’s different from any other city that I’ve ever been in. A person can just hop on the underground, get off at any random station, and find something interesting to see and do. Every stop leads to a part of the city that has its own unique character and energy. There were parts of London that Lisa and I explored that were so quiet, it was like we had the place to ourselves. Other places were busier than anywhere I’ve ever been before in my life… We’d emerge onto the street from the tube and literally be swept up in a sea of bodies. London is hot and busy and quiet and lush and green and neon and any number of other contradictions. I left feeling that even though we’d seen a lot in our five days, there was still so much left unexplored.

I'm a little in love with London. I hope I get a chance to go back again soon.

More trip details to come…

1 comment:

K. C. Wells said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good time. I can't wait to hear about your adventures!