Sunday, May 9, 2010

American Mother's Day

In the UK, they celebrated Mother's Day in March. We decided to pledge allegiance to the US by instead celebrating it today, when everyone in the states does. (Around here, we're calling today "American Mother's Day.")

It's been a very nice, relaxed day. Matt and Frankie made me a special omelet this morning, along with British bacon (which is really more like ham) and hot tea with milk and sugar (just how I like it). The rest of the day has been spent reading, hanging out, drawing pictures, and playing games. It's definitely a break from the hectic go-go weekends we're been having lately, and it's a nice change.

To all the moms out there (and my own mom, especially)... Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

dove said...

So glad to hear that you got to have a special day. Miss you!

jwjacole said...

So, did you do Mother's Day in March too? That would be the best idea. Glad your day was relaxing and you got breakfast. That really makes it great! Yea Matt

Tif said...

No, no March celebration. It was UK Mother's Day the week we arrived in Maryport, and I think we were all too exhausted to do anything other than unpack. I do like the idea of celebrating both versions of the holiday, though. I should have worked that to my advantage while I was here. Drat! Missed oppportunity.

Tif said...

Miss you too, Dovey! I can't wait for your visit. It's going to be awesome. :)