Thursday, June 17, 2010

Coming in for a landing...

The Dove should be arriving in Manchester any minute now!

Matt's in Paris and I don't feel like my driving skills are quite up to the point where I can make an airport run, so we decided to send a car service to pick The Bro up. Fancy!

Right about now, he should be coming out of the terminal. If all goes well, the driver will be there to greet him with a "Welcome Mark Myers!" sign. I feel kind of badly that I wasn't able to meet him there myslf, but hopefully he'll be so jetlagged and relieved not to be on an airplane anymore that he won't mind. Heck, if he's tired enough he might not even notice.

It's an absolutely beautiful day here, and I'm so happy that the English weather has decided to make a good impression on Mark. Maybe we'll have a cup of tea in the garden when he gets here? A crumpet? Some of those American-style hot-dogs-in-a-can?

1 comment:

jwjacole said...

Car service? Wow! What a great way to start a trip. I love the tea in the garden idea. Is the Beatrix Potter garden in full bloom?