Friday, June 11, 2010

A Senior Moment

I came back from vacation and tried to use my debit card at the grocery store, only to realize that I had completely forgotten my pin number. Even though I had used the pin dozens of times before, the number had totally slipped out of my head. Poof! It wasn't like I sort of remembered but couldn't recall the last digit. It was gone, man. Like that part of my brain had been removed, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-style.  No memory whatsoever. Erased.

This has never happened to me before, and I must say... It feels freaky. Either I'm getting old, or I've had some sort of blunt force head trauma that I've also similarly blocked out from my memory.

It's probably the old thing, though.

2 comments:

jwjacole said...

Jim and Erin spent most of their time trying to help me remember something they know they told me, I'd done, I'd seen, or I'd just said. At first it is very scarely, then it is annoying, then frustrating, and finally hilarious to you but annoying as hell to everyone else. Welcome to my world.

Lisa said...

Girl, you know it's just an effect of all that world travel and jet lag. Another possibility: Was there a distracting celebrity presence in the vicinity? Maybe a *Twilight* star...?