Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Post From JoAnn: Florida Edition


First of all, let me say that I love organization of any kind. I am fairly organized in the workplace but I don't hold a candle to the Tiff and Matt team. Tiffany did an amazing job of pre-planning, making reservations, and finding the best deals. If you have done any travel or holiday activities with Tiff you know this is an understatement! She had already spent many, many hours reading all she could about the theme park. She knew the most popular rides, the best rides for Frankie, what day each park had the smallest crowds, what restaurants we should go to, and where to stay. Every part of the preparation was her doing and we all loved it. We just put in our vote every once in a while but soon found that we would be better off if we just followed Tiff's advice. Then when we got to each park Matt was in charge of the map and Fastpasses. It went like clockwork. We rode a ton of rides and used our time efficiently. Jim, Erin, and I just followed the leader. Besides my trip to England, it was the most relaxing vacation I've ever been on because I didn't need to make any decisions. They were an amazing team!


I have never been to Disney World (Disney Land many times) so it was definitely on my "must do" list for retirement. My favorite part of each of the parks was the rides. I loved watching Frankie's face as she went from ride to ride. My favorite wild ride was Thunder Mountain even though it seemed like a adult version of "shaken baby syndrome" after the 4th time. Frankie loved it. I was really amazed by how brave Frankie was about all the rides. She is very adventurous in some ways. Even though I went skydiving, I was not interested in Tower of Terror at all but I'm sure Frankie would have loved it if given the chance.


My favorite part of the entire trip was the great house we stayed in. It was so relaxing to go home to the pool/hot tub. Frankie couldn't get enough and neither could the rest of us. It was also great to have separate bedrooms, baths and T.V.'s for down time and getting up and about in the mornings. I would recommend this choice to any family groups. We had such fun! Everything, including the rain on our last night, worked out perfectly. I can't wait for our next Cole adventure.

1 comment:

K. C. Wells said...

Sounds like such a great trip! I love going to Disney World with my parents. Glad you guys had fun!