Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The First Contestant

Matt made an appointment to look at a house today. It's in Workington, not Whitehaven. I'm not exactly sure how the two towns are different from one another. They're both costal towns, both very close to one another both the same size. Here's a  picture of Workington:




Now, about the house. It's four bedrooms, and "terraced." Basically, that means that all of the rooms are spread out over three stacked levels. I'm sure Frankie would love that, since it's always been a dream of hers to live in a house with stairs. The nice other thing about the place is that it's in the city center, pretty much in the middle of everything. Frankie and I could walk to the shops, the park, and the train very easily. There's also a preschool right down the street that Frankie might be able to join.

I'm not in love with the fact that the house is technically a duplex (noisy neighbors make me fly into a Hulk-like rage), and the furnishings that it comes with aren't exactly my style. Still, I think we could definitely make it work.





(Oh... And yes, there is a dishwasher. Huzzah!)

3 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Like it! The bathroom looks cool. And having a dishwasher is good!

dove said...

Not too shabby! Can't wait to see the other options.

Tif said...

Thanks, guys! Matt's looking at another place tomorrow, so stay tuned!