Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thanks, Everyone!

Despite the trip looming ahead on the horizon, this has actually been a really enjoyable week. I’ve gotten a chance to do a lot of fun going-away activities with friends and family, and it really makes me appreciate how amazing the people in my life are.


A few examples: Even though she’s far away herself, K.C. texts me every day to make sure I’m not flipping out and has been a great source of support (as always). My brother cheerfully agreed to spend the afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese with Frankie and me, and gave us both just a wonderful time out while whipping us at skee ball and air hockey. Lisa took me out for a wonderful dinner on Friday night, and we have all of Monday set aside as a girls shopping day. Today (Sunday), Matt’s family is throwing a small going away party for us in Thornton where we’ll see his mom, sister, parents, aunts, and grandparents for the last time in a few months.

Everyone’s been so thoughtful, and it’s been wonderful feeling so loved, supported, and missed by everyone.

Also, to everyone reading the blog: Thanks! It makes us feel great that you’re interested in our trip, and we are going to miss you all terribly. We hope we’ll all be able to stay connected across the miles. (Call us… Skype us… Text us… Email us… Post blog comments! We’d love to hear from everyone.)

3 comments:

jwjacole said...

Don't make me cry. I'm trying to stay brave. Jo

K.C. said...

I downloaded Skype, so I'm ready to chat! Love you guys a ton! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

My word, it's all happening so fast. Your dad and I thought of shipping you a package for your trip but how silly is that?? You are certainly struggling to get what you want in your cases as it is. The three of you will have such a great adventure. Deep breaths Tif, your life will flow along just perfectly. Your new home will be fun!! Frankie will pick up on the accents before you will. We will get on Skype before you all fly out. (Just love how you have been writing) Your dad has been pacing. He goes from excitment to worry to excitment. Matt is just going to have the best time taking you around. Love, Olga