Monday, February 15, 2010

Old McDonald Had A Farm

Matt toured the final place on our housing list today. It was... I kid you not... a barn in the country.



The barn had recently been renovated into an apartment, and it seems like a nice enough place. No straw on the floor or cows sharing the living room, at any rate. Still, it's on a working farm in the middle of nowhere. The place doesn't have a dishwasher, or a clothes washer/dryer. There's not even cell phone service out there. I can't imagine being able to get cable tv or wi-fi out there, either.

If a house doesn't have a dishwasher, clothes washer, tv, phone, or internet, it could be Windsor Palace and I'd still refuse to stay there. Not sure what I would do for fun out there on the farm. Maybe churn butter, and practice coming to grips with my growing insanity? Or sob into giant piles of dirty clothes and dishes?

I dont think that I have the hearty pioneer constitution to make that place work. So, Maryport...here we come!

2 comments:

K. C. said...

No playing Laura Ingalls WIlder for you? ;) Yay, Mayport! I'm so excited for you guys!

jwjacole said...

Erin and I got a big kick out of this one. I vote for Maryport. Rugby conflicts sound like heaven compared to the lack of washing facilities.