Saturday, February 20, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Matt got home at 11pm last night, and today marked his first morning home in two weeks. Knowing that she was going to finally get a chance to see her dad, Frankie crawled in bed with us at 5am, too excited to sleep another second. After a drowsy family cuddle session, here’s our first husband/wife exchange:

Matt: “Man.. I really wish we had some coffee in the house.”

Me: "There’s coffee. I bought it for you yesterday.”

Stunned pause. Matt looks deep into my eyes.

Matt: “I’ve never loved you more than I do at this moment.”

Everyone all together under one roof, early morning snuggling, and an unsolicited compliment. Plus... pancakes! It was a pretty great way to start the morning.

4 comments:

dove said...

Too cute. I'm glad he's home.

K.C. said...

Yay for the reunited family!!! That makes my heart happy. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Tiffany,

Jim gave me your blog address. I'm Carol, Matt's cousin from Windsor, CA; Nancy's oldest. It's so exciting to be moving away for a while, but scary I'm sure. Best of luck. I know you three have it together and will do well. I'll keep checking in.

Tif said...

Hi Carol. Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's good to hear from you!