Sunday, February 7, 2010

House Hunting

Matt just left this morning for another 2-week trip to the UK. This particular trip, though, is really exciting. In addition to work (which I'm sure he'll be doing a lot of), Matt is also going to get started on looking for our new UK house. It's up to us to choose the house we'd like to stay in, so Matt is setting up a meeting with a leasing agent sometime next week. My hope is that he'll find something great, and we can get the house finalized soon. (I'm kind of a homebody, and finding a house I like is pretty important to me.)

We're thinking that we'll most likely end up renting a house in Whitehaven. Whitehaven is a little town on the west coat of England. The population of Whitehaven is right around 25,000. That'll be quite a change from where welive now, where the population is more along the lines of 135,000. Small town life, here we come! (I imagine myself blowing into town much like Zsa Zsa Gabor on Green Acres. "Hello, Daahlinks!!")


For the visually inclined, here's a link to a Google map of Whitehaven.

While I'm at it, here are a few pictures of Whitehaven:


Cute, right? But I can't help wondering...Where's the SuperTarget?

1 comment:

dove said...

It looks so purty.