Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Second Contender

The next house is in "Stainburn." Man...Those English towns sure do have some unusual names.

The house is vey nice, but the location is much more remote than Workington. I don't think Frankie and I could walk anywhere, and my fear is that we'd be holed up all day, trapped inside our house. (We'll only have one car, and it'd go with Matt to work durng the day.) That seems like a recipe for Cabin Fever.

So, it looks like kind of a long shot right now Still, here's a glimpse at stately Stainburn manor:





Maybe passing on this one is for the best. To be honest, I'm not sure I can imagine myself living in a town with "stain" prominently featured in its name.

2 comments:

dove said...

Not bad. It seems like it would be much more fun to have some attractions within walking distance. Will there be a third contender?

Tif said...

Yep. Actually, two more. One is in Maryport, and the other is in Whitehaven. I'll post details on the next one tomorrow after I talk to Matt.