Sunday, March 21, 2010

England: Where sandwiches are king.

This is going to sound weird, but one of the best things about England is the sandwiches.

Not restaurant sandwiches. Grocery store sandwiches.

When you walk into a grocery store, right by the door is always a huge selection of boxed fresh sandwiches: Anything from a classic BLT to brie and chutney. Some of the choices are seriously weird. Bacon and butter sandwiches, for example, are really popular here. But every single sandwich I’ve tried has been, without exception, delicious. I’m totally obsessed with them.

Back home, I can't imagine ever popping in to a 7-11 to buy a sandwich. But here, every time I pass a convenience store I think, " Mmmmmm...... I wonder if they have sandwiches."

3 comments:

jwjacole said...

That's something I would not think of, creative sandwiching. Jim loves sanwiches and will really love that adventure.

K. C. Wells said...

Everything is better with butter, right?

Mimi said...

Any peanut butter & jelly? Yummmmm.....