Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tree Huggers

My favorite part of the day was the hike that we took to the base of a giant old oak tree on the Longleat House grounds. One of the most favorite pastimes in the UK is hiking. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can totally understand the allure. Even though we only walked a fairly short distance, it was still really lovely. With the sunshine, the green grass, and the beautiful old trees surrounding us, I was completely blissed out. All three of us really enjoyed it. And check out this tree! Isn't it amazing??











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely awesomely fantastic time you are having!!!!!

The pictures are wonderful!!!!!

jwjacole said...

The best part about this advenure is seeing you all together. I know how much Frankie loves playgrounds and parks. What a terrific day.

Olga said...

What kind of tree was that? How wonderful to see living things of such age. Love your photo, like a Nome looking over moss.

K. C. Wells said...

So beautiful! What a great place to explore! XOXOXOXO

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! I miss you all!

Lisa

Tif said...

I was hoping you knew what kind of tree it was, Olga! I'm stumped.