Friday, March 19, 2010

She does make a good point about fish, though.

My big plan for today was to walk down to the aquarium in the Maryport harbor. It’s a bit of a hike to get there… Probably four miles there, four miles back. But, the skies were blue and the adventurous spirit had overtaken me, so off we went.


On the way there, I revealed to Frankie that we would be going to the aquarium. I expected excitement. Instead, she looked at me, sighed an exasperated sigh, and said, “Uggggh! I don’t want to go to the aquarium, mom. FISH ARE BORING.”

Her lack of enthusiasm certainly dulled my gusto for the outing, especially since it was such a hike to get there. So, I decided to dally in the town square, stopping into a cute little shop that specialized in linens. We need new sheets and towels, so I thought that might be a great place to start my shopping.

After looking at towels, duvet covers, and curtains for about fifteen minutes, Frankie turned to me and said (in that same exasperated tone), “Ugggggh! MOM. When are we going to get to the aquarium??”

Me: “I thought you said that fish are boring?”

Frankie: “NOT AS BORING AS THIS!!”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and precious!! I loved her comments!!!!! I really appreciated the day you two were sharing!!! I loved it!!

K. C. Wells said...

You got schooled, my friend. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

jwjacole said...

Now that's the Frankie I know and love. Sounds just like her Dad whenever we went shopping. Four miles is a long trek.