Thursday, March 18, 2010

Matt Gets Wired

Matt got his picture taken for Wired magazine Tuesday! I was still asleep when he left for the shoot, so I didn’t get a chance to micro-manage his wardrobe choice, which KILLED me.

Matt said that the shoot was very professional, complete with all kinds of fancy lighting equipment. They took the picture here at his UK office.

Fun fact about Matt: He’s a good sport about getting his picture taken, but only for about five minutes. Any amount of time over that, and he’s a little bit like a nine-year-old kid at a wallpaper store: bored, bored, bored. So, the shoot took a fairly long time and tried his patience a little, but I think the experience, overall, was fun for him. I mean, who wouldn’t enjoy a professional photo shoot least a little? It’s not every day that you get to be fussed over like a celebrity.

We still have no idea what exactly the article about him says, or what the specific focus is going to be. (Wired won’t let the subject of an article read or proofread the text before press. It’s their standard policy.) That’s a little scary, but we’ll just have to trust the writer. The article is being written by my brother’s friend Josh, and he’s a really good guy. He’s a talented writer, too. Josh has been at the helm of two independent newspapers in Fort Collins, and now makes a living at a freelance writer. He and Matt probably never would have hooked up if it hadn’t been for The Dove. Dovey was at a party and ran into Josh. They got to talking, and Josh mentioned that he was looking for story ideas. Dove said, Man… You should meet my brother-in-law! You wouldn’t believe his job… The rest, as they say, is history.


I can’t wait to read the article. I honestly don’t even know when the piece is coming out, but when it does I’ll let everyone know.

I'm very excited for him, though, and proud of everything he's accomplished. I remember when he used to have hair down to his shoulders, lived in a group house with three other guys, ate ramen at least three times a week, and drove a 1978 Lincoln "Mark 5" Continental. Ah, how times have changed.

2 comments:

jwjacole said...

Loved hearing about the photo shoot. As the Mom, I'd like to know how they got Matt to stay on task that long. I can see him wondering off to do something in another office and the people running after him to get him to pose just one more time! I feel for them. But really, how great to have the write up. Can't wait to see it.

K. C. Wells said...

Woohoo! Go Matt! :)