Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back from Manchester

We're home from Manchester and Frankie is taking it easy today; she has a little cold, and is feeling a bit run down. Glad the cold didn't strike before the wedding in Manchester, though. Frankie was is good spirits for the wedding, and had a blast zooming all around the venue with the other kids. The mother of the groom was the one that put the reception together, and she really put my planning skills to shame. The attention to detail at the reception was amazing-- There was a schedule of events that walked you through the details of the reception all the way until 1am. There were cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, dinner, a chocolate fountain, and late-night bacon butties. There were party favors and lovely gifts on the tables for everyone, and all of the kids got these amazing (and huge!) personalized activity kits with all kinds of draving supplies, bubbles, and treats. Frankie had so much fun-- She had a giant smile plastered on her face all night. It made me really happy to see her enjoying the party so much.

As for me, as much as I was awed by the beautiful reception hall and delicious dinner, I couldn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. I came down with a terrible headache that morning that I just couldn't shake, and I had to go back to the room and go to bed at 9pm. Matt stayed downstairs at the party with Frankie, though, which was great because I didn't have to feel guilty about packing it in so early.

The next day I was feeling better so we stopped by the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry. It was an interesting museum, but kind of plaed in comparison to the Paris Museum of Science and Industry that we had seen the week before. Still, it was a fun diversion.

Now, we're home and taking it easy. A lazy Sunday = a good thing.

2 comments:

jwjacole said...

I am so intimidated by these amazing party planners. Sounds like Frankie was in heaven, Mom was miserable, and Matt did his Dad duty.

K. C. Wells said...

Tell Frankie that we all have cruddy colds, too. It stinks!! Glad you're feeling better, Friend.