Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Solo Traveller

I've decided that instead of being meloncholy about our impending departure from the UK, I'm going to take advantage of the time we have left. To that end, I'm planning to be brave and take a solo trip into Glasgow tomorrow.

Glasgow is a two-hour train ride away from Maryport, and if I leave early enough in the day, I should get a chance to explore the city for six hours or so before heading back home. I've always been curious about Glasgow, and since it's so close I think it'd be a shame to leave the UK without ever seeing it.

It'd be great if I could do the Glasgow trip with Frankie and Matt, but Matt's headed back to the US this weekend for a week-long spree of work-related meetings in Colorado. Since he won't be able to go to Scotland with me, it'll be much easier to explore the city by myself than with Frankie in tow. So, Matt will pick Frankie up from school tomorrow afternoon, and I'll be home before bedtime.

I'm really excited about the trip. I'm planning on doing a little shopping, seeing the Glasgow modern art museum, and visiting the Glasgow Necropolis. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Sounds brill!! I wish I were going with you! Enjoy, Friend. :)

dove said...

Great idea! Might as well pack in as much as possible while it's only a 2-hour trip.

Lisa said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

Lisa said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!