Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beach Beauties

One of my favorite weekend activities is beachcombing on the Maryport beach. I've recruited Frankie as my helper, and we stroll along the shore looking for interesting finds. Frankie likes to spot rocks that look like things that aren't rocks; For example, "hot dog rock" is the star of her collection. Me, I'm obsessed with finding old bricks with words stamped in them, ala the famous "Tickle Rock."

In a quest to find another brick for my collection, I brought Frankie with me a few days ago. It was a really nice day, and for some reason we were the only people on the beach. I'll never understand why more people don't go out to the shore in Maryport-- It's a lovely place, rocky and desolate. But, hey... I also love having the place to myself, so I'm not going to complain too much.

When Jim and Jo were here, I took them beachcombing and we found a brick with "Wilson" stamped into it. For whatever reason, I left it on the beach and didn't take it home with me. I'd been back a few times since looking for it, but with no luck. This time... Success! I found it again and brought it home for my (heavy and questionably shippable) brick collection.

It was a really enjoyable mom and daughter day. Here are a few snaps of the action.





















1 comment:

jwjacole said...

I am so glad to see that you found Wilson. I love that collection and hope you can get it back here. Send one with Matt on his trip home and one with Erin on her trip home.